Current version: 0.1.1
Oil is an extension to Tcl which
provides a high-level method to control graphics, effects and other
media systems. Writing simple screens with FX and animation is
almost laughably easy. At the time of writing it provides:
This version is intended for the curious and developers and not for
a production environment.
Some screenshots are available.
- Objects stacked on top of each other and acting individually.
- All manipulations happen in real-time.
- Per-object filters, which provide effects and manipulations
(without affecting the object's own data) and which can be chained
for a large combination of effects.
- Scaling (only height at time of writing)
- Automatic load/speed reaction: animation and movement are based on
time so the script-writers do not need to concern themselves with
the speed of the platform or load irregularities.
- Other basic graphical functionality: transparency,
colour keys etc.
- Kristoffer Lawson, design, most of the code
- Taneli Korhonen, some filters
- Clif Flynt (helping to debug and test).
Note that this is a development version and is practically
guaranteed to change in incompatible ways in the future.
For questions, suggestions and to help in development, contact
Last modified: Mon Feb 24 05:51:47 EET 2003